Thursday 1 January 2009

New Post, what new post?

In my continueing effort to delay posting new info i give you one month without posting ^^

Seriousley though a lot has happend since i last posted, i changed spec... again, incoming nerfbat for CoH, my PvP start, my new hatred for paladins (and i used to like them) and my everlasting hatred for rogues.

I'm currently saving honour for my Savage gladiator PvP set which judgeing from how fast i save up will be finished in april; farming honour has always been difficult for me and the price of honour items is nothing short of ridiculous especialy if i include non-set items aswell.

During my PvP experiance i learned several new things:

1, A normal Priest is often over looked where as a Shadow Priest is gunned down immediantly

2, Penance is the ultimate "Oh Shi-" button

3, Paladins and Rogues are OP... Very OP

4, Death Knights arent as offensively powerful as i thought

5, Most Death Knights are stupid enouth to carry the Ebon Blade's revered runeblade on them

6, It's more entertaining to spend 5 mins with a paladin in the middle of the enemy base without dying then it is to win the match

Whenever i played my Shadow Priest in PvP i was always almost instantly killed by every class and seemingly the number one target all the time, when i play my disc priest i'm overlooked until they realise that i'm the reason their target won't die.

A Druid Blog i read awhile ago makes more sense of this seemingly large virtual aggro by explaining that your targeted because of your unique apperance in his case they will always zerg the chicken because it's big, fat and ugly and in my case my shadow form is making them see me as a threat.

Penance's offensive capabilitys are a very nice tool when farming but the spell dosent truly become awesome until it is used to heal allies, it heals about as much as Greater Heal costs half the mana and casts almost twice as fast.

It also fully stacks grace on the target can crit a possible 3 times stacking a large Divine Aegis and only has a small window of opertuneity to stop it.
I've used this spell to heal an almost dead target to full health and when combined with the follow up PW:S it made them unkillable for about 5 seconds

My Biggest obsatcle in PvP so far is the massively OP paladins and rogues.
Rogues are well known to be able to stunlock an opponant to death but this has been taken to a rediculous level with any well geared rogue being able to kill me using only Cheap Shot and thats with my Shield up and if that dident kill me they just follow with kidney stone and then i'm completely screwed.

Paladins need a nerfbat to the face preferably a hard one that removes at least one of their CC abilities, too often have a been healing a target when a sudden Hammer of justice rains down on me like a sign from god telling me "your going to die", most paladins are capabale of killing me during the stun even with my shield up and unlike rogues their stun only lasts 7 seconds instead of 12.

No matter how good at PvP you are nothing short of a miracle will save you from a Hammer of Fuck and Avengeing Cheapness combo, in the worst scenario i've been in a had a paladin and a rogue keep me stunned for 15 seconds, this was when i made an atempt at a flag run in WSG and the only reason i survived long enouth to see the third stun was because i had prepared Pain Suppresion, Prayer of Mending, Renew and Power Word: Shield on myself before hand.

A lot of my hatred for DK died out now that i realise that offensively there not massively OP, most DK have problems killing me in anything less then 15 seconds, i can usualy survive long enouth for a freind to start beating on them.

Unfortunately though they are currently the most defensively OP class as they can withstand a lot of damage using their cooldown abilities and can come back as a ghoul even when you do kill them, i'd like to see what would happen if HoJ + AW met IBF + Bone Shield (odds are the pally would still win).

I have my own DK rolled and 1 level before Northrend content and as such have researched the class to understand their itemisation needs, which is why it annoys me when i see DK running round with the Ebon Blades Revered Rune Blade (i forget the name).

The runeblade has stats that are only marginally useful for a DK overall and is (or at least should) widely considered a Hunter Weapon (but then what isn't :p).

I had a lot of fun Healing a EotS game with a Paladin in my guild, we both hid inside the mage tower when there were around 5 alliance members outside, fortunately the came in small groups and i could manage healing myself and the paladin for around 5 mins before they sent in a big group to get us, it's quite amuseing when your death is only because you ran out of Mana not because your being completely overpowerd.

On the subject of the incoming Circle of Healing nerf i can only say it dosent bother me too much, i never used it a lot as it never realy healed as much as my other heals did, i accept that it has a lot of situational use's and i can usually be found spamming it when AoE based panic is happening.

Fortuneately unlike most people the majority of my AoE healing came from Prayer of healing instead of CoH as i never got into the habit of only using one spell for all my heals, although you could say that my respeccing to Disc is my responce to the nerf and that may be somewhat true as Disc healing is a hot topic among priests right now.

I estimate that maybe half of the current Holy Priest Bloggers will switch to Disc healing as the nerf will hit them like a sack of bricks and they will want to start fresh with a new rotation rather then accidently wipe because they keep hitting CoH when it's on cooldown.

No comments: